ABOUT OUR COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
We believe that a more sustainable way to live is both possible and necessary and it starts from the small things that everyone can do in their day to day life.
It is paramount not only for us to carry out our business practice in the most sustainable way possible, but also to support others who share our vision and educate customers and students in making responsible choices.
The London Leather Workshop commits to conscious behaviours in both the products it sells, the services it delivers and during studio practices. Here are some insights of how it is pursued:
THROUGH THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES WE PROVIDE
– We rescue end of season materials and we make them available for customers to use in their learning experience or to create their products.
– We offer customers the possibility of using eco-friendly and/or non toxic products such as glue and edge finishing substances for use in their works.
– We support sustainable suppliers of leather, vegan leather and fabric by promoting their products and explaining their sustainable practices to our students and customers.
– We support eco-concious businesses, students and designers committed to sustainability for their projects by promoting and connecting them.
– Preference is always given to suppliers with a commitment to social and/or environmental sustainability and to suppliers that are local.
– We advise our customers and students to not only focus their commitment to suitability for the materials they choose to use, but in thinking about the whole life cycle of their products as well. We in fact support customers who want to create a circular business model by designing products together that not only use sustainable materials, but that are designed to be, for example, easy to repair, repurposed, modified or consciously disposed of at the end of their lives.
– We are constantly expanding our network of sustainable businesses that we can collaborate with or that can bring additional value to the projects of our customers.
– We are always happy to share our contacts of eco-conscious affiliates, collaborators and suppliers with our customers in the hope of supporting their journey towards sustainability.
– We commit to always being up to date on the latest best practices, materials and news on sustainability by regularly following seminars, networking and business events related to suitability and make the information and contacts we have gathered available to all our customers.
– We regularly give away material offcuts to local charities to support their educational programs.