LEARN HOW TO SEW LEATHER WITH INDUSTRIAL SEWING MACHINES- One to one tuition
WHAT IS THIS COURSE ABOUT?
This is a one to one tailored course during which you will be taught basic skills in using industrial sewing machines to sew leather.
The course has the aim of helping you to gain confidence in sewing as well as understanding the major difference between various types of sewing machines and techniques.
You will be able to focus on what you are most interested in, in order to gain the specific, vital skills required for your sewing project.
You will produce your own samples of work to take home with you.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
– To choose the right sewing machine for a specific type of material/project.
– To use various machine feet, tools and equipment in your sewing.
– To understand thread types and needle sizes.
– To sew practical stitches, troubleshoot problems and learn general maintenance of the sewing machine.
– To produce a range of seams and seam finishes.
For those whom might already have some experience of the above:
– To realise buttonholes.
– To sew invisible, classic and open-ended zips.
– To sew and finish zips on leather.
– To sew a dart and use fusing.
INCLUDED IN THE COURSE:
On the day you will be provided with useful handouts to take home with you which contain:
– A list of tools and materials used during the lesson(s), including a description of what they are and how they are used
– A list of recommended suppliers for both leather and fittings (physically in London and online)
– A glossary containing essential key words related to the topic of the lesson
– A glossary containing information about leather types and characteristics
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
This course is suitable for complete beginners, people with some basic experience of machine sewing, intermediate and advanced sewers.
You should be able to use measurements and understand verbal and written English instructions.