– LEATHER GOODS MAKING CLASS –
INTRODUCTION TO LEATHER CRAFT: MAKE YOUR OWN SMALL LEATHER ITEMS
One teacher, six students
Please select your preferred date through the button below
One meeting of 3 hours
Course materials included (worth £15)
Beginners and beginners with some previous sewing experience
LEARN HOW TO MAKE SIMPLE LEATHER ITEMS: WHAT IS THIS COURSE ABOUT?
This is a theoretical and practical taster group tuition during which you will receive an overview on basic leather craft skills and techniques and realise one or more simple leather items to take home with you.
The class will take place in our London workshop where you will be able to see how a leather craft studio is equipped and receive practical demonstrations of common working methods used in the field.
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE AS MANY CUSTOMISED LEATHER ITEMS AS YOU CAN, choosing between a selection of different types of goods such as key rings, glasses cases, card holders, bracelets and more.
You will be shown different types of leather and get to understand their main features. You will receive an introduction on how to prepare, mark, cut, edge finish leather and use simple fastening hardware.
You will receive relevant, useful and informative handouts as well as lists of leather and tool suppliers.
At the end of the tuition you will have:
– Gained an understanding of leather types
– Been instructed on the use of common fastenings and closure techniques
– Received an overview on the correct use of tools for preparing, marking, cutting and punching leather
– Understood and practiced leather craft techniques such as beveling and burnishing techniques
– Realised you own small, simple leather item(s) to take home with you
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
This course is suitable for total beginners and beginners with some experience in leather crafts.
You should be able to use measurements and understand verbal and written English instructions.