– BAG & ACCESSORY DESIGN COURSE –
INTRODUCTION TO DESIGNING BAGS AND ACCESSORIES – LEARN HOW TO PLAN, DESIGN AND COMMUNICATE YOUR PROJECT
– Group Class: one teacher, five students –
Please select your preferred date(s) through the button below
3 or 4 session depending on the dates (16 hours in total)
All materials included
Complete beginners, beginners with some experience of drawing and/or designing and intermediate designers
BAG AND ACCESSORY DESIGN COURSE: WHAT IS THIS COURSE ABOUT?
This fashion design course for beginners and intermediates is a uniquely structured group class aimed to support aspiring designers or designers in need of guidance in the realisation of a viable and realistic collection of bags and/or accessories.
This course allows you to develop an understanding of essential skills in accessory design and enables you to convert your ideas into reality by teaching you the steps needed in order to prototype and manufacture your collection.
WHY THIS IS NOT THE USUAL ‘ACCESSORY DESIGN’ COURSE
This course is designed by a team of designers, prototype makers and handbag manufacturers.
It is both a theoretical and practical course which will teach you what the industry requires from designers in order to be able to understand and correctly translate their ideas into finished products.
This course is not about creating pretty drawings, but is focused on giving you an overview on the complexity and extensiveness of the process that designing a collection of handbags requires.
The course will help you in understanding what you need to search, study, look out for, find out and decide before and during designing your styles, enabling you to avoid a long, expensive and sometimes frustrating process when it is time to prototype and manufacture your collection.
WHY WE CREATED A FASHION DESIGN COURSE
After years of experience in designing and developing collections for our customers, we realised that there was a substantial lack of clear information available about what designing a collection of handbags and fashion accessories truly requires and how it is achieved.
We created this course with the aim of helping the new generation of designers, as well as designers which are still struggling, in developing their ideas and empower them to clearly and correctly communicate them to whoever is going to prototype their collection.
We essentially have created this tuition based on the needs and problems of our customers, hoping to promote and facilitate creatives in the realisation of their projects.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is designed for aspiring designers seeking professional advice from industry experts, designers at the start of their career in need of guidelines to optimise their design process or for those who are simply looking to develop their drawing techniques for their own enjoyment. No previous experience is required.
WHAT WILL BE TAUGHT?
Below is a list of topics covered during the classes:
– Before designing: an overview on what you should look out for, decide and understand
– An overview of what a moodboard is, how to research things like the target audience, the market placement of your products, etc.
– Understanding materials and hardware and their impact on the cost price of your collection
– Identifying the right materials for your collection
– Understanding the importance of construction
– Finishing options for your collection
– Overview of the anatomy of a handbag, lining and reinforcements
– Understanding the structure of a collection: the use of a collection plan
– Understanding the prototyping process
– Manufacturing your collection: how does it work and what are the options
– Understanding the differences and purposes of illustrations vs technical drawings
– Planning a balanced collection of fashion accessories
– Sketching a bag and an overview of drawing in perspective
– Sketching technical drawings
– Going through the product development of one design
– Providing technical information about your collection to the prototype maker
HOW WILL THE ABOVE BE TAUGHT:
The class will take place in person at our London studio and the lesson will alternate between theoretical lessons and practical exercises.
Between lessons some homework will be assigned to the students.
INCLUDED IN THE COURSE:
You will also receive access to a collection of handouts providing relevant information, useful resources and support in continuing your designing process independently.
The handouts will contain:
– A glossary containing essential key words related to the topic of the lesson
– An illustrated glossary containing information about type of bags and bags’ features
– An illustrated guide on common hardware used in bags and accessories
– Documents about leather types, finishings, tanning processes
– Information about perspective and guides to be used as reference to develop your drawings
– A list of recommended suppliers for both leather and fittings (physically in London and online)
– A glossary containing information about leather types and characteristics
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
You should be able to use measurements and understand verbal and written English instructions.
ARE THERE ANY OTHER COSTS? IS THERE ANYTHING I NEED TO BRING?
Materials to exercise with are included.
Feel free to bring a notepad, if you would like to take some notes, we will provide the rest.
HOW LONG IS THIS TUITION?:
This tuition will require up to 16 hours to complete.
We aim to provide customised and high-quality tuition services and by only allowing up to 5 students at a time, we are able to focus on each person needs and interests.
As every student has a different level of ability and previous experience, this course might lead some students to complete the core aspects of the lesson in a shorter time frame than others.
Students who complete the course early will be welcome to stay and use the studio facilities to exercise on the topics of the lesson.
FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THIS TUITION
CANCELLATION AND REARRANGEMENT POLICY
If you wish to cancel your group class, please do so ASAP via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full refunds are only offered if the cancellation is requested no less than eight weeks before the event date.
Cancellations requested between eight and four weeks before the course start date will result in a 50% refund of the course cost on the condition that we have filled your place.
For cancellations requested less than four weeks before the event, unfortunately, we cannot offer any kind of refund and the class cannot be rescheduled.
We reserve the right to cancel a group class when the required minimum enrollment is not met.
If a group class has to be cancelled by us, we will offer the choice of a full refund, credit or the opportunity to book an alternative date (if available). We will provide as much notice as possible.
All communication regarding cancellations and rearrangements of your lesson must be in writing via email.
Please provide all details in your email for us to be able to organise a refund. All refunds must be made to the original payment method used.
Sadly, our studio is on the first floor and we do not have wheelchair facilities. We are very sorry, unfortunately, this is not within our control or choice.