HOW TO BECOME A HANDBAG DESIGNER: WHAT IS THIS COURSE ABOUT?
This is a bespoke private tuition created to support aspiring and experienced accessory designers needing guidance in developing a design, creating a viable and realistic collection and learning how to design handbags for manufacturing.
This training for fashion designers will allow you to develop an understanding of the required skills, convert your ideas into reality, and learn the fundamental steps to take in order to start your own handbag line from design to market.
This fashion design course is suitable for both beginners and intermediate designers and it is bespoke to your specific needs, project and level of experience.
WHY WE CREATED A BAG DESIGN COURSE?
After years of experience designing and developing collections for our customers, we realised that there was a substantial lack of clear information about what starting a handbag line requires and how this is achievable.
We created this fashion course to help the next generation of new designers and designers who are still struggling to develop their ideas and correctly communicate them down the production line.
The program is based on the needs and problems of our customers, it hopes to promote and facilitate creatives in the realisation of their projects.
WHAT IS DIFFERENT ABOUT THIS BAG DESIGNING COURSE?
This course is not only created by a team of professional designers, sample makers and handbag manufacturers, it is also fully customised to your needs and your specific project.
We will plan the whole course based on your requirements and with the final aim of making you ready to approach a manufacturer with the correct type of information about your project.
The course will give you an overview of the complexity and extensiveness of the process that designing bags and accessories requires.
We will teach you what the sample makers and manufacturers will need to understand your ideas and correctly translate them into finished products.
We will guide you from the initial steps, helping you understand what you need to search, study and look out for, enabling you to avoid a long, expensive and sometimes frustrating process when it is time to prototype and manufacture your collection.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is created for new and experienced accessory designers seeking professional advice from industry experts or those simply looking to develop their drawing techniques.
No previous experience is required.
WHAT WILL BE TAUGHT?
Below is a list of topics covered during the classes:
– What you should research, study and decide before you start your own handbag line
– What is a moodboard and how it can help to organise your inspiration
– Overview of the anatomy of a handbag, lining and reinforcements
– Understanding handbag construction and its impact on manufacturing cost
– The importance of a collection plan to create a balanced and coherent collection of fashion accessories
– How to choose the right materials and their impact on the cost price of your collection
– Understanding the prototyping process
– Understanding the manufacturing process
– Understanding the differences and purposes of illustrations and technical drawings
– How to design handbags for manufacturing through correct, simple technical drawings and how to draw a bag in perspective
– Developing one or more designs and learn how to provide the technical information to the prototype maker
HOW WILL THE ABOVE BE TAUGHT:
The classes will take place in person at our London studio and alternate between theoretical lessons and practical exercises.
Between meetings, we will assign some homework.